What Anpeiyu wishes what he gets!

Nov 21, 2005

It got me thinking about the various abbreviations that singaporeans have devised in using in their everyday conversations. Be it in typing messages on mobile phones or everyday lingo, its a unique and integral part of our lives.

I sat down and came up with the following words...

Some common ones like:

tt- that

gr8- great

lol- laugh out loud

kiv- keep in view

lmao- laughing my ass off

rofl- rolling on floor laughing

imho- in my humble opinion

To the more complex or uncommon:

ote- one time event

ttyl- talk to you later

npov- neutral point of view

And even some obscenities:

knn- kiss night night

lmao, knn, its not really an obscenity...

Just to unwind my mind while idling....

Fyi, this came to my mind when i was revising for an upcoming test.

lol.

My list is not exhaustive and welcomes any additional words anytime...